What Does An Oregon Accident Lawyer Do?
Whether on the road, at home, or in a public place, you may suffer an accident and injury. Accident attorneys focus their practice on assisting accident injury victims. At the law offices of Harris, Wyatt & Amala, LLC, we strive to help clients obtain fair compensation when their injuries are caused by the reckless or careless actions of another person or entity.
Types of Accidents with which Oregon Accident Attorneys Can Help You
Regardless of the kind of accident you are in, an attorney is usually able to provide guidance. If you suspect someone else caused your injury, contact an attorney immediately. If you can prove the existence of negligence, you may be eligible for reimbursement to cover medical expenses, loss of wages, and pain and suffering.
Common Accidents & Injuries
The following are some typical accidents and injuries after which an attorney can help you:
Auto accidents: Unfortunately, careless people are everywhere. On the road, reckless drivers cause many auto accidents each year. Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents cause serious injuries and even death. If you or someone you love suffers an auto accident injury in Oregon, contact our experienced attorneys as soon as possible
Construction site accidents: Few work environments are as dangerous as construction sites. Yet many of the accidents that occur each year are preventable. A negligent disregard for human safety is capable of causing catastrophic injuries on a construction site
Wrongful death accidents: When the negligence of another person kills someone, it is a wrongful death. Truck accidents are responsible for a significant number of wrongful deaths each year. However, a wrongful death may occur anywhere and due to many different causes
Bicycle accidents: Automobile drivers must obey the laws governing the safety of bicyclists. Unfortunately, drivers do not always give bicyclists sufficient space. If you suffer a bike accident injury, contact a knowledgeable attorney at Harris, Wyatt & Amala, LLC
A Personal Injury Lawyer can Help You File an Oregon Lawsuit
The process of filing a lawsuit can be complicated, especially if you recently suffered an injury. Fortunately, our lawyers can walk you through the steps involved in pursuing a lawsuit, which include the following:
- Filing: With the assistance of your lawyer, you file the lawsuit.
- Serving: Next, the defendant is served with legal notification of your lawsuit.
- Taking depositions: Both sides have the opportunity to depose, or ask questions of each other.
- Undergoing medical examination: The defendant may require that you undergo an additional medical examination to prove the extent of your injuries.
- Discovery: Both sides may use expert witnesses during this phase to support their case.
- Settling: At any time, your case may be settled, meaning you reach an agreement with the defense to accept a certain amount of compensation without going to court.
- Trying the case: If you and the defendant cannot reach a settlement, the outcome of your personal injury case must be decided by a trial.
Additionally, your attorney can recommend a sound course of action, and advise you on whether accepting a settlement is in your best interests. He or she can also review settlement offers and determine if they are appropriate given the extent of your injuries.
Seek Experienced, Effective Representation
If you suffer a personal injury in Oregon, do not hesitate in contacting us today online or by phone 971-599-6723 . At the law firm of Harris, Wyatt & Amala, LLC, we take great pride in fighting for the rights of personal injury victims. Let us be your voice.